Washington State University – School of Food Science
- Faith Critzer: Preharvest and postharvest produce safety with a focus on bacterial foodborne pathogens.
- Charles Edwards: Microbiology and chemistry of fermentation including desirable/undesirable yeasts and bacteria; fruit/vegetable post-harvest and processing.
- Brianna Ewing: Cider, fermented foods and beverages, cider and perry production.
- Girish Ganjyal: Food processing; extrusion, frying, food ingredient technology, physico-chemical changes in food ingredients during processing, food structures, food product development and value-addition of food processing by-products.
- James Harbertson: Phenolic compounds found in grapes and wines, biochemical and chemical changes during grape ripening, winemaking, and aging.
- Thomas Henick-Kling: Wine research and extension: physiology of lactic acid bacteria, wine yeast ecology, molecular characterization of wine yeast and bacteria, modification of wine flavor by yeast and bacteria, winemaking.
- Minto Michael: Dairy microbiology and safety, which includes dairy starter and probiotic cultures, safety of dairy foods (dairy powders, cheeses and ice cream), and biofilms on dairy processing surfaces.
- Carolyn Ross: Sensory evaluation with analytical chemistry techniques to identify and describe changes in flavor, odor, and texture profiles of food and wine.
- Stephanie Smith: Increasing food safety awareness and best practices by advancing food safety education for consumers and consumer markets. Special interest in improving food safety for low-income and underrepresented populations.
- Meijun Zhu: Food microbiology and safety; bioactive food components, gut microbiota and gut epithelial barrier function; obesity, gut epithelial development and gut health.
WSU Pilot Plant – Frank Younce, Manager – email@example.com
University of Idaho – Department of Animal, Veterinary and Food Sciences
- Carolyn Hovde Bohach: Bacterial pathogenesis, food safety, E. coli O157:H7, cattle vaccine development, Yersinia pestis, enhancing biomedical research competitiveness.
- Catherine Cantley: Improve the products, processes, and cultures of Idaho food manufacturers. Cooperates with commissions and consortium’s that interact with food manufacturers, assisting in reaching industry wide opportunities.
- Scott Minnich: Bacterial pathogenesis of Yersinia enterocolitica and Y. pestis, etiologic agents of yersiniosis and bubonic plague.
- Greg Möller: Environmental toxicology and chemistry, biogeochemistry of As, Se, and P, water quality, food safety.
- Dojin Ryu: Chemical food safety with emphasis on naturally occurring toxicants including mycotoxins and their chemical/toxicological fate during food processing; integrated approach for food safety.
- Brennan Smith: Protein chemistry, cereal science and technology, product development, protein chemistry, and food science education.
- Gülhan Ünlü: Food microbiology, biotechnology, microbial food safety/food biopreservation, genomics of food borne bacteria, conversion of food and agricultural waste to value-added products.