Hyun Jung Lee
Research Assistant Professor
Phone: (208) 885-9703
Office: AgSci 129B; UI
My current research focuses on the toxicity mechanism of xenobiotics and their interactions with functional food components or with other toxicants using in vitro and in vivo models. Previously I have also worked on the identification and characterization of functional properties of food components such as phenolic compounds. In addition, my past research involved bioconversion of natural materials using microorganism or enzymes to improve the bioavailability and/or the amount of active compounds in foods.
- Al-Taher, F., J. Zweigenbaum, J. Cappozzo, H.J. Lee, L.S. Jackson, and D. Ryu. 2017. Detection and quantitation of mycotoxins in infant cereals in the U.S. market by LC-MS/MS using a stable isotope dilution assay. Food Control 72:27-35.
- Robinson, A.L., H.J. Lee, and D. Ryu. 2017. Polyvinylpolypyrrolidone reduces cross-reactions between antibodies and phenolic compounds in an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the detection of ochratoxin A. Food Chem. 214:47-52. DOI:10.1016/j.foodchem.2016.07.011.
- Al-Taher, F., J. Zweigenbaum, J. Cappozzo, L.S. Jackson, H.J. Lee, and D. Ryu. Occurrence of ochratoxin A in infant formula and infant cereals marketed in the United States. J. Agric. Food Chem. DOI:10.1016/j.foodcont.2016.07.027.
- Dahal, S., H.J. Lee, and D. Ryu. 2016. Heat stability of ochratoxin A in an aqueous buffered model system. J. Food. Prot. 79(10):1748-1752.
- Robinson, A.L., H.J. Lee, J. Kwon, E. Todd, F.P. Rodriguez, and D. Ryu. 2016. Adequate hand washing and glove use are necessary to reduce cross-contamination from hands with high bacterial loads. J. Food. Prot. 79(2); 304-308.
- H.J. Lee., and D. Ryu. 2015 Advances in mycotoxin research: public health perspectives. Food Sci. 80(12): 2970-2983.
- H.J. Lee., and D. Ryu. 2015. Significance of ochratoxin A in breakfast cereals from the United States. Agric. Food Chem. 63(43); 9404-9409.
- H.J. Lee., H.S. Son, C. Park, and H.J. Suh. 2015. Preparation of yeast hydrolysate enriched in Cyclo-His-Pro (CHP) by enzymatic hydrolysis and evaluation of its functionality. Nutr. Food Sci. 20; 284-291.
- Han, B.K.,H.J. Lee, H.S. Lee, H.J. Suh, and Y. Park. 2015. Hypoglycaemic effects of functional tri-peptides from silk in differentiated adipocytes and streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice. J. Sci. Food Agric. DOI: 10.1002/JSFA.7067
- Kuruc, J., J. Hegstad, H.J. Lee, K. Simons, D. Ryu, and C. Wolf-Hall. 2015. Infestation and quantification of ochratoxigenic fungi in barley and wheat naturally contaminated with ochratoxin A. J. Food Prot. 78(7); 1350-1356.
Ph.D., Health Science (Major: Health and Nutrition Science), Korea University, 2013
M.S., Health Science (Major: Nutrition), Korea University, 2010
B.S., Food Science and Technology & Food Nutrition, Chungbuk National University, 2008
School of Food Science
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Dr
Moscow, Idaho 83844-2312