Upcoming Events and Deadlines
- WSU Midterm grades due Wednesday, March 4
- UI Midterm grades due Monday, March 16
- WSU & UI Spring Vacation begins Monday, March 16
- WSU Finals Week Monday, May 4 – Friday, May 8
- UI Finals Week Monday, May 11 – Friday, May 15
- WSU Commencement Saturday, May 9
- UI Commencement Saturday, May 16
The Food Science Club is putting together a Department Recipe Book as a fundraiser for the club. Ideally these would be recipes that you love and also any wonderfully weird things that you love making. Some ideas for sections are cocktails, easy crock pot recipes, sauces, soups, stuffed stuff, food for the soul, healthy yet hearty, cheap and easy, etc. The Food Science Club would really appreciate any and all ideas. This is an open deadline. Please send questions and/or recipes to email@example.com with a subject line like “FS Recipe Book”.
The Student section
Darigold is presenting at the Food Science Club meeting this Monday, January 27 at 5:30 pm on the WSU campus FSHN Kitchen 103/155. Job and internship interviews will follow the meeting. Bring your favorite comfort food to share and enjoy while networking, follow this link to. Join the Facebook group to keep up to date on upcoming meetings and events.
WSU undergraduates apply for a Faculty Led Ireland trip May 12 – 25, 2020; Exploring the History, Culture and Environment of Ireland. Applications due February 3, 2020 more information can be found on WSU’s International Programs website.
Mark your calendars…
- WSU CAHNRS Career and Internship Networking NightMonday, February 3, from 5:00 – 6:30 pm
- WSU Career ExpoTuesday, February 4, from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- UI CALS Career Networking NightTuesday, February 4, from 5:30 – 7:00 pm
- UI Career FairWednesday, February 5, from 2:00 – 6:00 pm
CALS launched a clothing bank for students in Ag Sci room 26. The clothing bank has ‘dress to success’ clothing available for professional events. Donations of clean professional type clothing (any and all sizes) are appreciated. Donations may be dropped off in Ag Sci room 39 (main Ag Econ office), or in office Ag Sci 26.
Jobs, Internships, and Scholarships
WSU General Scholarship Application is due January 31, 2020.
Apply now for the NCSU Food Science Summer Scholars Program 2020. Applications are due by Sunday, February 2, 2020 to find out more visit.
Graduate students apply for the 2020 Sylvia Rowe Fellowship Award for Nutrition, Agriculture, Food Safety and communications. Applications are due Friday, February 14, for more information visit thewebsite.