Bachelor of Science at UI
- Undergraduate Curriculum – sample 4 year plans in each emphasis area:
- Food Science Course List – see courses with links to instructors
- Food Science Minor A minor in food science will provide undergraduates with an introduction to the discipline of food science and technology. Courses in the minor are designed to supplement technical or business skills obtained in other majors. Completion of the minor will allow a student to broaden his or her educational background and enhance employment options in the food industry.
FS 110 Food Science (3 cr)
FS 220 Food Safety and Quality (3 cr)
FS 302/303 Food Processing/Lab (4 cr total)
FS 416, 417 Food Microbiology and Lab (5 cr)
Additional courses in food science (FS, 6 cr)
- Food Science Advisors
Dr. Kerry Huber Ag Sci 118 208.885.4661 firstname.lastname@example.org Dr. Gülhan Ünlü Ag Bio 205 208.885.7771 email@example.com Dr. Caleb Nindo Ag Sci 119 208.885.9683 firstname.lastname@example.org Dr. Dojin Ryu
Ag Sci 111B 208.885.0166 email@example.com
- Food Science Internship
Information for students: General Policy Statement Guidelines for Conducting the Internship Internship Training Agreement Weekly Report Form Final Work Experience Report Format
See how our internships are making a positive difference:
University of Idaho Food Science students have done summer internships at the following companies:
Continental Mills, Inc.
Glanbia Foods Inc.
Great American Appetizers
H.J. Heinz – Ontario, Oregon; Pittsburgh, PA
Sorrento Lactalis, Inc.
- Food Science Club – Email Dr. Kerry Huber for more information.
- Financial Aid / Scholarships – If you have any questions about any of these scholarships or application procedures, please contact the School of Food Science office at 208-885-0707 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Undergraduate Admissions Application – click here
Need more information?
School of Food Science
Agricultural Science Building, Room 111
PO Box 442312
6th Street & Rayburn Street
University of Idaho
Moscow, Idaho 83844-2312