- Undergraduate Curriculum – Three degree plans for the options below >> more here:
BS in Food Science
BS in Food Science with a Dairy Foods Management option
- BS in Food Science with Fermentation Science Option
- Food Science Course List – see courses with links to instructors
- Dairy Foods Management Course List – see approved courses for the DFM degree option
- Food Science Minor A minor in food science will provide undergraduates with an introduction to the discipline of food science and technology. Courses in the minor are designed to supplement technical or business skills obtained in other majors. Completion of the minor will allow a student to broaden his or her educational background and enhance employment options in the food industry.
FS 110 Food Science (3 cr)
FS 220 Food Safety and Quality (3 cr)
FS 302/303 Food Processing/Lab (4 cr total)
FS 416, 417 Food Microbiology and Lab (5 cr)
Additional courses in food science (FS, 6 cr)
- Food Science Advisors:
- See how our internships are making a positive difference:Schwan Food Company Purely Supreme FoodsUniversity of Idaho Food Science students have done summer internships at the following companies:
Continental Mills, Inc.
Glanbia Foods Inc.
Great American Appetizers
H.J. Heinz – Ontario, Oregon; Pittsburgh, PA
Sorrento Lactalis, Inc.
- Food Science Club – Email the school for more information.
- Financial Aid / Scholarships – If you have any questions about any of these scholarships or application procedures, please contact the School of Food Science office at 208-885-0707 or email@example.com
Need more information?
School of Food Science
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Dr MS 2312
Moscow, Idaho 83844-2312
E. J. Iddings Ag Science Lab
606 South Rayburn Street