Denise Smith, Ph.D.
Carolyn Hovde Bohach
WSU OFFICE: FSHN 202
PHONE: (509) 335-2101
FAX: (509) 335-4815
- Washington State University, Ph.D., Food Science
- Oregon State University, M.S., Food Science; Biochemistry minor
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University, B.S., Food Science
- 2010-2014: Professor and School Director, School of Food Science; Washington State University, Pullman, and University of Idaho, Moscow
- 2006-2010: Professor and Chair, Department of Food Science and Technology; Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- 2000-2006: Professor and Head, Department of Food Science and Toxicology; University of Idaho, Moscow
- 1994-1995: Visiting Scientist (Sabbatical), Neogen Corporation; Lansing, Michigan
- 1985-2004: Faculty, Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Michigan State University, East Lansing
1985-90 Assistant Professor; 1990-95 Associate Professor; 1995-2000 Full Professor; 2000-04 Adjunct Professor
- Kaur, A., Takhar, P.S., Smith, D.M., Mann, J.E. and Brashears, M.M. 2008. Fractional differential equations based modeling of microbial survival and growth curves: Model development and experimental validation. J. Food Sci. 73(8): 403-414.
- Stasiewicz, M.J., Marks, B.P., Orta-Ramirez, A. and Smith, D.M. 2008. Modeling the effect of prior sublethal thermal history on the thermal inactivation rate of Salmonella in ground turkey. J. Food Protec. 71(2): 279-285.
- Ross, C.F. and Smith, D.M. 2006. Use of volatiles as indicators of lipid oxidation in muscle foods. Comp. Rev. Food Sci. Food Safety 5(1):18-25.
- Clark, S., McCurdy, A., Roy, S. and Smith, D.M. 2006. Assessment of the joint food science curriculum of Washington State University and the University of Idaho by graduates and their employers. J. Food Sci. Education 5(1):9-14.
- Goodridge (Ross), C.F., Beaudry, R.M., Pestka, J.J. and Smith, D.M. 2003. ELISA for monitoring lipid oxidation in chicken myofibrils through quantification of hexanal-protein adducts. J. Agric. Food Chem. 51:7533-7539.
- Vittayanont, M., Steffe, J.F., Flegler, S.L. and Smith, D.M. 2003. Gelation of PectoralisMajor myosin and heat-denatured b-lactoglobulin. J. Agric. Food Chem. 51:760-765.