Student Learning Outcomes
BS Food Science
- Demonstrate a level of comprehension of Food Science concepts and analyses equivalent to or greater than that required by the Institute of Food Technologists Core Competencies Guidelines.
- Critically evaluate and summarize a food science issue or problem.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to address current challenges in the food industry.
- Communicate effectively in both written and oral format with an audience possessing varying degrees of food science knowledge.
Learn more about our undergraduate program here.
MS and PhD Food Science
- Graduate students will be able to conduct innovative and high quality research to solve emerging problems in food science by:
- Demonstrating a fundamental understanding of food science knowledge and principles
- Applying scientific knowledge to assess and solve food science problems
- Exhibiting communication skills to convey technical information and defending scientific findings.
- Designing and conducting scientific experiments and analyzing research findings
- Graduates will have the professional and leadership skills for entry-level positions in food and allied industries, government or academia.
Learn more about our graduate programs here.