Student Learning Outcomes
BS Food Science
- Show a depth of knowledge within Food Science that reflects an appropriate degree of specialization.
- Understand how the methods and concepts of Food Science relate to those of other disciplines, and possess the ability to engage in cross-disciplinary activities.
- Identify, summarize, and define the issue or problem at hand.
- Use information effectively to accomplish a specific purpose using critical and creative thinking.
- Communicate effectively with the targeted audience.
Learn more about our undergraduate program here.
MS and PhD Food Science
- Graduate students will be able to conduct innovative and high quality research to solve emerging problems in food science by:
- Demonstrating a fundamental understanding of food science knowledge and principles
- Applying scientific knowledge to assess and solve food science problems
- Exhibiting communication skills to convey technical information and defending scientific findings.
- Designing and conducting scientific experiments and analyzing research findings
- Graduates will have the professional and leadership skills for entry-level positions in food and allied industries, government or academia.
Learn more about our graduate programs here.